The fire brigade Friday rescued a toddler whose head got stuck in the gallery grills on the second floor of his house in Pune’s Hingne Khurd.
The control room of the Pune fire brigade received a call regarding the toddler around 4.30 pm.
Fireman Tushar Kare said, “While playing in the gallery, a one-year-old boy, Krushna Chavan, locked the door of the gallery and then his head got stuck between the grills. The little boy was crying, but the family members were unable to reach him as the gallery door was locked from the outside.
“Using our equipment, we broke the gallery door and then rescued the boy by stretching the window grills carefully. The boy is safe.”